2012 Australian Pen Swap

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from seamus7227

seamus7227

As you all know, there was a pen swap that went on with our fellow penmakers from across the pond in the last couple of months. Well, the pen that I built took a little bit of time, and then I had a friend ask if i would send a few of my best pens to him so his book publishers could take a few pics for his 3rd Edition that will come out in the fall. So naturally i told my swap partner, and he patiently waited!

My SWAP partner this year was Mark Eisen(wm460). I asked him a few nosy questions about his birth year what type of pen he might like and we both agreed that a fountain pen was definitely the pen of choice! So I chose to go with the Atrax Fountain pen kit from Berea Hardwoods, however, i believe i may have bought this from Exotic Blanks. Being that Mark lives in Australia, i figured i would go ahead and wrap the pen tubes with the Australian Flag and take a Florin coin from his birth year and wrap it around the lower barrel. I also traded out the stock nib with a #5 Bock nib (Classic Nib) and threw in a schmidt converter as well! I gotta say, the pen looks pretty sharp in person! I really had a hard time letting go of it, so Mark, Enjoy, from this side of the pond! Hope you put it to good use.

Some of you may have already seen this coin and pen posted on Facebook, but to those that have not, I hope you like!

Attachments

• SAM_1405.jpg
    SAM_1405.jpg
    47.3 KB · Views: 259
  • SAM_1395.jpg
    SAM_1395.jpg
    44 KB · Views: 188
  • SAM_1403.JPG
    SAM_1403.JPG
    107.5 KB · Views: 218
  • over under atrax2.JPG
    over under atrax2.JPG
    44.9 KB · Views: 212
  • 2012-02-25 19.49.37-1.jpg
    2012-02-25 19.49.37-1.jpg
    40.3 KB · Views: 207
Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

jcm71

Wow!! Just when I think I'm getting half way decent, someone comes along and knocks me back to the bottom rung. Well done, Seamus.

magpens

Truly an awesome pen, Seamus.

I am ... green with envy ... of that pen recipient, and of your pen-making prowess !!

Mal

le_skieur

Seamus, I only have one word: WOW................................................................

Top Bottom