2010 Australia Day Swaped Blank Use

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Mr Vic

Mr Vic

Here's the results from the first blank I turned from the wood which acompanied my pen from Swino. Is was a short blankk with a lot of charecter. I've had a Black Titanium Wall St II kit just waiting for the right blank.

The blank was a #11, had some great color, lots of eyes and fine cracks and a scrtion which reminded me of matted hair (after it blew out). I put a piece of 400 grit sand paper on a sheet of plate glass and noned my skew between coats of CA (stock tip - buy into CA glue as I've several more of these to turn).

Hope I've done justice to one of your fine woods. Oh, Swino numbered all the blanks and enclosed a list of wood. Can you guess the wood?

Once Again - - - Thanks

Attachments

• T_AusDay Swap A.jpg
    T_AusDay Swap A.jpg
    57.3 KB · Views: 161
  • T_Aus Day Swap B.jpg
    T_Aus Day Swap B.jpg
    47.6 KB · Views: 127
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Mack C.

Passed Away Sep 29, 2018
In Memoriam
Here's the results from the first blank I turned from the wood which acompanied my pen from Swino. Is was a short blankk with a lot of charecter. I've had a Black Titanium Wall St II kit just waiting for the right blank.

The blank was a #11, had some great color, lots of eyes and fine cracks and a scrtion which reminded me of matted hair (after it blew out). I put a piece of 400 grit sand paper on a sheet of plate glass and noned my skew between coats of CA (stock tip - buy into CA glue as I've several more of these to turn).

Hope I've done justice to one of your fine woods. Oh, Swino numbered all the blanks and enclosed a list of wood.
Can you guess the wood?
Oh gee, let me think! Would it happen to be Red Mallee Burl? Just a guess, since it's so difficult to tell from the picture!:smile-big:

Mr Vic

Duh, got me on the Aussie site too....Brain dead last night....forgot I'ld captioned the pictures...

Top Bottom