20 Guage wire pen

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from bkersten

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

bkersten

Wire Pen - second try with photos

After casting in PR this was the result of top & bottom. It was interesting to see how much 20 ga wire will fit on a pen mill if it is not wrapped the right direction on the tube. It has to wrap turned away from you on top, the same direction as the mill turning when trimming the end. The first one snagged, because it was wrapped under ene to end, and took out 3 ft from in the PR and onto the mill shaft (quickly at that). Each tube took 5 1/2 ft of wire, CA'd ends at the start, middle, and finish on both tubes. I mm'd to 12, EEE'd several times, Novus 2 plastic finished twice, and then Ren waxed. This is for my son who works for an electricial supplier.

1_IAP_size.jpg
1_IAP_size_1.jpg

Skye

The way PR will bend the light to make the item around the tube seem to conform to the turned shape is freakin cool.

bkersten

Very nice. I made one similar but in a cigar with 18 guage stranded wire. You don't just have a pen, you have a weapon! That baby has some serious weight.

I tried that guage first and it would have put the PR too near the bushing lip, and the one on here that was done with solder I thought was heavy also - thus the 20. I got some red & green wire, and a santa clip for Christmas.

Top Bottom