#2 Water Buffalo Horn Cambridge Fountain Pen

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Mike in Nanaimo

Hi everyone,
Haven't been on here to much fro the last few months. Still alive & kicking after major surgery and 6 months of chemo. Starting to get some energy back and cranking out a few pens. Thought I would post this one as it is one of the nicer I have done for a fair while.

Here is a Cambidge with Water buffalo Horn. Nice to work with and finish, but I found I could only use 2 of the 4 blanks I got. The other 2 both had a white grain line the full length and it looked like a crack.
Cheers
Mike
Cambrige%20Water%20Buffalo%20328-5.JPG

Cambrige%20Water%20Buffalo%20328-7.JPG

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Woodlvr

Beautiful pen and great job Mike. Keep up the great work and I hope that you will continue to get stronger and healthier.:)

JohnU

Great Looking Pen! Ive been wanting to try horn but I hear it cracks over time, even if not being used. Have you had any problems like this with yours?

randyrls

Originally posted by Mike in Nanaimo

Hi everyone,
Haven't been on here to much fro the last few months. Still alive & kicking after major surgery and 6 months of chemo.

The other 2 both had a white grain line the full length and it looked like a crack.
Cheers
Mike

Mike; Glad to see you are back. I have some horn blanks that have cracks, and I filled them with black CA.

It worked well. I may try to start a thread in Penturning forum on how to prevent cracks from appearing after pen is completed.

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
Hey, Mike,

Sorry to hear your health has been a problem.

Your pens are always beautiful - this is up to your standards!!

Water buffalo seems to do fine, if it is a daily writer. IF you store it in a collection, it is more likely to crack (Yes, I have tried both, personally and this has been my experience.)

workinforwood

Sorry to hear about the chemo...been there done that!!!

The pen is amazing. Since we both did chemo, and I lived in Vancouver for 4 yrs being originally Canadian...I say you best send the buffalo blanks you don't like to me! I'll split them and add a strip of something to contrast the pen, thus no more crack looking line. :D

Dalecamino

Local Chapter Leader
Beautiful pen Mike ! Glad you're strong enough to turn ! I hope your strength continues to improve . Thanks for sharing ! [8D]

Top Bottom