2 Watch Parts Pens for Houston

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Edgar

Edgar

New Member Advocate
Staff member
These 2 pens are a birthday gift for a cousin of mine who is a UH alum and a huge Texans fan. The watch parts blanks were made by Mike Hirsch (Indiana_Parrothead) especially for this gift. The kits are Black Ti & Gold Ambassadors from Exotic Blanks - the cross-hatched gold band really goes good with the watch parts.

My cousin was diagnosed with kidney cancer 11 years ago & had to have one kidney removed. He has been on chemo constantly since then & is currently on his 11th chemo cocktail. His kidney cancer remains at Stage 4 and has spread to his lungs & liver but has been stable for the past 6 months. He has faced & dealt with his circumstance with amazing strength, determination and grace.

He was a high school football official in the Houston area for 33 years, calling over 600 varsity games before cancer forced him off the field, but that hasn't stopped him from continuing as a mentor and inspiration to current young officials and many others. He presently serves as President of the Houston Football Chapter of Texas Sports Officials, volunteers in the CAN CARE program at M.D. Anderson & also finds time to be a Big Brother.

My cousin turns 63 tomorrow so Mike & I thought it would be nice if someone sent a random act of kindness his way.

Thanks Mike, I know he will be thrilled with the fantastic job you did on these special blanks!

Attachments

• Pens_vert.jpg
    Pens_vert.jpg
    369.8 KB · Views: 305
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Edgar they turned out great (no pun intended) I am sure your cousin will be suprised and thrilled with them. Your cousin sounds like a really good guy and it was extremely generous of you to acknowledge his good deeds and "pay it forward". But that doesn't suprise me, the little that I have talked with you I have never heard you talk of selling a pen, you give them all away. And if you do sell one it is at costs. Good for you Edgar.

Mike

elkhorn

Hats off to both you and Mike, Edgar. Well done and I'm sure they will be greatly appreciated.

Top Bottom