2 tone Highliners

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from gawdelpus

gawdelpus

Passed Away May 11, 2015
In Memoriam
I sold a "Highliner" cigar pen on Sunday at the markets ,Monday I got a call with an order for 2 more ,red top blue bottom ,I thought to myself Hmmmm ! not sure ,ah well set up the tubes for casting and ordered some more kits from Timberbits ( thanks David) dropped in on Neil (Dai Sensei ) Yesterday for some guidance on color as not only was it cast stainless but clear color as well , Just finished turning and polishing and the kits arrived Wednesday :) ,on assembly I was pleasantly surprised at the outcome , just caught the last of the sun to get a quick piccie The colors are quite dark as can be seen on the shaded side ,but the light flashes off the stainless in the sun to light them up .
Cheers ~ John

Highlinecaststainlessbraid.jpg

casthighline.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

bitshird

Those are nice kits, you guys down under get some great stuff, and I like the stainless braid, I do have a question, do you use colored braid, or is it just silver Stainless braid and the resin tinted with transparent dye? I have to tru those soon or I'll go Bonkers.

gawdelpus

Passed Away May 11, 2015
In Memoriam
Those are nice kits, you guys down under get some great stuff, and I like the stainless braid, I do have a question, do you use colored braid, or is it just silver Stainless braid and the resin tinted with transparent dye? I have to tru those soon or I'll go Bonkers.

I ususally just use clear cast and stainless braid,these were a request in his football club colors ,just used transparent dyes on these, I have some brass and copper braid sent to me by one of the IAP forum members and they come up very nice as well ,just have to be careful what kits you choose as not much room to play, with the thickness of the braid and casting :) Cheers ~ John

Top Bottom