2 from today-ish

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from woody350ep

woody350ep

Alright, it's been a while since I have posted anything so I figured I had better show I do still do stuff once in a while

First is a Cocobolo Slimline. I made it about 3 weeks ago, but had the pen before it blow up and then sanded through the CA on this one. I had drop kicked the blow-up blank into the depths of the basement, but this one I just couldn't bring myself to let it go. I had tossed it, but picked it back up and said I would finish it when I had more patience. I had to carefully sand it down because I was really close to going too small as it was. It came out pretty well in the end though, and I am glad I gave it another chance.

CocoboloChromeSlimline-1.jpg

CocoboloChromeSlimline-2.jpg

Second is my first Long Click pen. This one is in Rhodium and the wood is Afzelia Xylay. I haven't got a clue where this blank came from, but it ended up with some "tiger stripes" at the bulge part I did. Standard CA finish. This one is going to my physical therapist for my knee. He has done a wonderful job getting me on my road to recovery, and this coming Friday is my last appointment as of right now. I thought this would be a nice gift since doctor's and therapists are not really the twist pen types in their work. I will be making another for my surgeon, whom I see Wednesday.

Comments/critiques/questions welcome

AfzeliaXylayRhodiumClicker-1.jpg

AfzeliaXylayRhodiumClicker-3.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

woody350ep

Yeah, the re-do was worth it to me. Coco is too nice to let go so easily lol.

I like the clicker actually. Kind of a PITA to drill, but that is more the DP fault than anything else. It is lighter than I would have guessed, and the length isn't bad. The click seems pretty good too. Maybe a stronger spring for some future ones for myself, but that is more personal preference than anything else.

BruceA

Looking good on those Long Clicks

Jason,
That Long Click looks great!! Your curve coming off the nib is just right, maintaining the arc. Nice finish, too.

I just received my order from Lau Lau Wood and am looking forward to trying this kit out.

Man, you have made amazing progress in a short time!!

Bruce in TN.

jimofsanston

Looks Great.

Love the color of the wood. finish is fabulous. Question though:) is the middle insert lose and lay to the sides or is it a little out of round?

woody350ep

Thanks for the kind comments folks. Jim, I turn mandrel-less so OOR isn't the case. I have found that all slimlines have a loose-ish center band. These Premium Slimlines are much tighter than the others, but still just a bit of wiggle. What you see is the band falling to the side a bit in the picture. I can assure you though that when held normally, it fits flawlessly. My anal measuring with digital calipers on individual parts and the blanks ensures this lol.

jedgerton

Jason,

I really like both of these but I especially like the shape of the long click pen. I've struggled with the shape I've been using especially where it connects to the nib. I'm going to borrow your idea on that shape if you don't mind :).

John

Top Bottom