2 from today

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Rick P

Rick P

A Gent in sitka black tailed deer antler and a Jr Victor in lace wood........no lacewood is not one of my normal materials. Comments are always encouraged, thanks for looking!

Attachments

• IMG_3804.jpg
    IMG_3804.jpg
    43.4 KB · Views: 242
  • IMG_3801.jpg
    IMG_3801.jpg
    44.6 KB · Views: 236
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

wizard

Both are good looking pens! IMHO, The background distracts from the pens somewhat. Nevertheless, great job. Thanks for showing.

BSea

I think the background helps. Personally, I like seeing pens with something in the background. I guess that's why ford now makes cars in more than 1 color.:wink:

I've just started to play with some antler. My biggest problem so far is having some of the outer antler to show. I'm getting there though. Anyone that's done an antler pen can really appreciate your work. Good job on both pens.

Rick P

Thanks everyone.

IPD
My lungs are still off but I am feeling much better.......and my hands will heal quick.

Bsea
Using the heavily curved stuff helps if you want it to show. Try a base section, the antler further out has more spongiform matrix making it harder to drill accurately do to the bit wondering into the softer material.

BSea

Bsea
Using the heavily curved stuff helps if you want it to show. Try a base section, the antler further out has more spongiform matrix making it harder to drill accurately do to the bit wondering into the softer material.
Thanks for the tip. I've been avoiding the heavily curved sections. I just cut up a set so I've got a lot to work with now. Another question. How do you finish antler that has part of the outer antler show?

ToddMR

They are both looking good. I really like the lacewood on that kit too. Great job on the antler as well.

Top Bottom