2 Sunday work,...... between mowing the lawn

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Darley

Status
Not open for further replies.

Darley

Well that what I did last Sunday and the Sunday befor last.
from left to right :

#1 White Cedar gun slimeline
#2 My First laminated pen ( Queensland Silver Ash, Mulberry, Cedar, Camphor Laurel )
#3 Atlas Banksia wood
#4 Scultured Pink Ivory
#5 My first wood CB Peach
#6 Greavillea Slimeline
#7 Atlas Colibha Burl
#8 My first Osage Orange and Greavillea CB
#9 Atlas Banksia Pod

200522225255_PEN%20DISPLAY.jpg

Have to do some work on lighting :D
Please your coments + OR -

Thanks for looking

Serge

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Darley

Thanks all of you for your comments really apreciated, mess up a Brazilian rose wood last Sunday ( sorry Lou ) but will " fix it " like my children say.

Don Osage Orange is a breeze to turn and love it is a nice grain, at first when I turn the pen I was worries thinking it the same as Mulberry, but not, the first cut of skew prove me wrong .

Serge

Gary Max

Looks great--I see you got the pic thing going well.
I need to try the laminated pens---your's is real sharp
Any of that wood from Kentucky??
Have a good one

Darley

Thanks for the comments all of you ,Scott yes for now is only Sunday for me as is my day off only 4 Weeks before Easter then it will be full on for me again no more Sunday [:(]

Serge

tipusnr

Great pens. Like most of them but I have a question about the Banksia pod. Does it look better in person and sell well? The more I see that material in pens the less I like it. Something about it seems rough and unfinished.

I have seen it used in other turnings and it looked good just not in pens. Maybe it's just one of those "my opinion" things or else there's an attraction in the material I'm not seeing.

Darley

Originally posted by tipusnr
<br />Great pens. Like most of them but I have a question about the Banksia pod. Does it look better in person and sell well? The more I see that material in pens the less I like it. Something about it seems rough and unfinished.

I have seen it used in other turnings and it looked good just not in pens. Maybe it's just one of those "my opinion" things or else there's an attraction in the material I'm not seeing.

Yes is true some people don't like all those tiny hole but some do like them some penturner get the time to fill the hole with sand dust and CA but it take to long, I will try to do another photo with more light , some banksia pod are more or less dark deppending age I gess, I do only pen and bud vase with banksia pod one day I will try a lided box look at this the pod are more lighter in color

2005222124545_banksia%20pen.jpg
<br />

2005222124623_Banksia%20vase.jpg
<br />

Serge

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom