2 sierras....

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from lwalden

lwalden

Just finished these up for an order....pics are not the best, kinda hard to tell these are on the gold titanium and black titanium kit......

Attachments

• 2sierras.JPG
    2sierras.JPG
    54.2 KB · Views: 273
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

lwalden

Nice looking pens. Is the material behind the star acrylic?

Not sure 'bout your question.... the stand the pens are on is a clear acrylic stand, I believe carried by PSI... the material used for the star inlay itself is curly maple.... the material in the background of the picture is a slab of chechen burl I'll eventually get around to cutting up one day- should get about 20 pen blanks out of it....and if you're refering to the blue field the star is inlayed into, that is blue dyed curly maple.

Last edited:

lwalden

Great lookin pens, Lyle!!

The pen stand is PSI?? Did you add the base, or do they come that way?

and btw, that 2 pen stand really does a great job of drawing attention to really high end larger pens, like the full sized statesman, emperor, lotus, and imperial.... I've got 4 of the stands, and they really help focus attention on the high end, compared to the 12 pen stand I used in the recent post of the 10 Jr Emperors...

lwalden

Lyle, The pen with the cross, how did you do such nice work? Carl
Carl, that is a design Eagle pioneered several years back. One of the other penturners on this site needed to come up with a similar look after Eagle's recent passing, in order to continue to meet the requests of a repeat customer of his. I'm attaching a pic of how I do this variation.... let me know if you still have questions after seeing the pic.

Attachments

• crossblanksJrvII.jpg
    crossblanksJrvII.jpg
    35.6 KB · Views: 139
  • cross plugs.JPG
    cross plugs.JPG
    40.1 KB · Views: 137

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
Eagle would be impressed with your work, Lyle.

(I hate to think of the phone call, but let's leave it at "impressed")

Nice job!!!

Please PM me with pricing.

Thanks

Top Bottom