2 From the Shop Last Night

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from lhowell

lhowell

turned these out last night in the shop. One is a gold PSI Falcon Twist kit with a Sycamore blank and the other is a silver PSI Tec-7 twist kit with a UNC-themed blank.

The sycamore was finished with one coat of BLO followed by 10 coats of CA sanded with MM through 12,000 and polished with the Novus 3-2-1 system. First time dealing with sycamore but I really liked how it turned and the grain pattern looks great! Will probably order some more of these! Not a fan of the Falcon Twist kit though as I feel the weight is off-balance and this was my third kit that did not come with a spring so I had to cannibalize another Falcon kit to get the spring of it rendering that one useless....I've contacted PSI twice about this issue with these kits but have not heard anything back from them

I am not a huge fan of UNC (Go Wolfpack!!!!) but I will always try to meet the customer's wants in regards to school colors. Picked this blank up at the local Woodcraft store. I forgot how much harder PR blanks are than Alumilite!
Really like this Tec-7 kit as it is slightly larger than a slimline but still has a good shape and I really like the taper to the nib. Sanded through 12,000 MM and polished with the Novus 3-2-1 system.

Attachments

• IMG_3923.jpg
    IMG_3923.jpg
    126.6 KB · Views: 170
  • IMG_3921.jpg
    IMG_3921.jpg
    105.2 KB · Views: 204
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

lhowell

Excellent Pens Lee.
Great Fit and Superb Finish.
The Sycamore Blank surely won't get Cold with 10 coats of CA. :eek:
Congratulations,
Brian

Thanks! haha! They were very thin coats! Right on the verge of getting that "plasticky" look.:biggrin:

lhowell

Very Nice pens , I especially like the sycamore , great finish work .

Thank you! I got the Sycamore blank from woodturningz.com and will more than likely buy some more! I got it when Ryan was having a big sale on hardwood blanks ($1/blank!)

Top Bottom