2 Segmented Pens

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from jkeithrussell

jkeithrussell

Here are two variations of the "Morning After" pen that is in the tutorials. First is a Sedona, and second is a Baron. Both are made from African Blackwood, Padauk, and Maple, but the pattern and material thickness is a little different on each.

Attachments

• IMG_1632[2].jpg
    IMG_1632[2].jpg
    52.3 KB · Views: 610
  • IMG_1633[1].jpg
    IMG_1633[1].jpg
    55.1 KB · Views: 966
  • IMG_1634[1].jpg
    IMG_1634[1].jpg
    55.9 KB · Views: 500
  • IMG_1635[1].jpg
    IMG_1635[1].jpg
    56.3 KB · Views: 477
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

hewunch

Great work! It is interesting how you left the black on several of the ends of the blanks. I had not thought to do that before.

jkeithrussell

Great work! It is interesting how you left the black on several of the ends of the blanks. I had not thought to do that before.

Thanks. I've learned from doing other segmented pens that it is a good idea to have an end piece of the contrasting material that can be trimmed without screwing up the rest of the design. You can overcome that by being very accurate with your measurements, but not with an angled design like this one.

MHKogan

Wow. Your craftsmanship is superb and the segments are fantastic.

We manufacture M3 Real Metal Pen Blanks a material that I have always felt was very well suited for segments. It is a metal composite that works with wood tools but finishes to a high luster gem quality finish. (check out our website for more information www.MetalPenBlanks.com).

If you are willing to make a segmented pen using some of our material then we would provide the material to you for FREE. All we want is for you to post the finished piece here on the forum and gives us some photo's for our website and marketing materials.

Your work is beautiful, M3 is beautiful and we look forward to seeing what you can do with it. Please visit our website www.MetalPenBlanks.com and then send me an email with your material selections. Feel free to make use of any Mokume, Damascus, Pattern or single metals that we offer to make one or two stunning examples of your work.

Please contact me directly with any questions about working with and finishing M3.

Thank you,

Michael Kogan
MetalPenBlanks.com
info@MetalPenBlanks.com
(888) 478-6745 (direct)

Bree

Darn pens look like they were created by Mondrian! Great work!!
:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

Ashby

Beautiful! Where did the checkered blanks come from, if you don't mind me asking? I've been trying to find some without success (and am in the UK, which makes it even harder).:frown:

jkeithrussell

Beautiful! Where did the checkered blanks come from, if you don't mind me asking? I've been trying to find some without success (and am in the UK, which makes it even harder).:frown:

I made them. There is a tutorial in the library on segmented pens. These are made similar to the "Morning After" pens in the tutorial. PM me if you need any pointers.

jkeithrussell

Wow. Your craftsmanship is superb and the segments are fantastic.

We manufacture M3 Real Metal Pen Blanks a material that I have always felt was very well suited for segments. It is a metal composite that works with wood tools but finishes to a high luster gem quality finish. (check out our website for more information www.MetalPenBlanks.com).

If you are willing to make a segmented pen using some of our material then we would provide the material to you for FREE. All we want is for you to post the finished piece here on the forum and gives us some photo's for our website and marketing materials.

Your work is beautiful, M3 is beautiful and we look forward to seeing what you can do with it. Please visit our website www.MetalPenBlanks.com and then send me an email with your material selections. Feel free to make use of any Mokume, Damascus, Pattern or single metals that we offer to make one or two stunning examples of your work.

Please contact me directly with any questions about working with and finishing M3.

Thank you,

Michael Kogan
MetalPenBlanks.com
info@MetalPenBlanks.com
(888) 478-6745 (direct)

Thank you! I will take you up on your kind offer.

Top Bottom