2 Scalloped and Lined Jr. Statesman

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from mikespenturningz

Here are 2 more segmented pens. The first is Padauk and Cherry Burl with Aluminum Lines and Scalloping. The second is the same design but slightly different with Purple Heart and Maple Burl. I hope you like them.

il_570xN.455867718_b434.jpg

il_570xN.455869246_ng7l.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Janster

oh well, just another segmented BEAUTY!!!! Nice work Mike! Was spectin' to see this in the Segmentation forum? Be well.................Jan

ossaguy

Wow,that looks so great!

It's such a treat to see all of your segmented pens,thanks for posting them!

Steve

Dale Lynch

I like the effect of the lines through the scallops.Have you thought of using thicker aluminum to offset the offset from scalloping?

Hendu3270

Wow Mike Wow!! The amount of segmenting in this is just, wow. WOW. Not sure I would have the patience for that one. Very nice!

I have but I don't have anything thicker right now. I should go to Home Depot and see what they have but just have not had a chance. I am using flashing for this and I have an entire roll of it. I have some thicker copper and some thicker brass that I will give a try to but not just yet. I have plenty of variations that I can do with the techniques that I am using now and the aluminum is really a great way to experiment.

I like the effect of the lines through the scallops.Have you thought of using thicker aluminum to offset the offset from scalloping?

SDB777

Just curious....have you had a separations while turning these super mutli-segmented designs?

Two extremely well thought pieces of timber that are matched perfectly for segmenting....your turnings are inspiring!!!!

Scott (time to make the donuts, I made the donuts) B

I sometimes have separations if I don't make sure my drills are ultra sharp and my tools also need to be very very very sharp. As I have said on other posts I could add more very's to that last sentence. If you have to work the tool or drill hard then you will create too much heat and start to soften glue or just blow them up. Most of my separations have been drilling though. After you get the tube glued in things are not nearly as tense.

Just so you know I am still learning too. We are all learning and trying to get better. I was at the same point you are at not so long ago. Keep reaching up and you will climb the mountain. Check out the tutorial I have in segmenting and you will learn how some of these 2 pens were made.

http://www.penturners.org/forum/f179/segmenting-aluminum-wood-108968/

If you have any questions just ask. There are a lot of segmenters here and we all want to promote this.

Wow ! I'm still learning and your pen is something I can shoot for.

RMayoIII

Damn Mike, you're turning into a production segmenter! Your pens still amaze me and I find myself looking for your posts often.

Top Bottom