2 Ready for Delivery

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from aggromere

aggromere

I posted some cigar pens in progress the other day and just finished them this morning. It's too hot in the garage now, so i'm gonna mess around inside for a while.

These are for the photographer for a cigar magazine. These two labels had been in his wallet for a couple years he said. He saw a pen I made for someone else and asked if I could make him a couple. Here they are ready to deliver to him tomorrow.

The last picture is how far I got on the next cigar pen before it got too hot.

I have really enjoyed making these.

Attachments

• DSCN0894-crop.jpg
    DSCN0894-crop.jpg
    21 KB · Views: 221
  • DSCN0900.jpg
    DSCN0900.jpg
    20.1 KB · Views: 230
  • DSCN0903-crop.jpg
    DSCN0903-crop.jpg
    31.2 KB · Views: 190
  • DSCN0906-crop.jpg
    DSCN0906-crop.jpg
    26.3 KB · Views: 171
  • DSCN0907-crop.jpg
    DSCN0907-crop.jpg
    12.2 KB · Views: 179
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

aggromere

Yes. They are not the best to write with because of the thickness of the wood, but guys still seem to like them. I make some cigar pens in smaller ring sizes that are much more like a regular pen, but still large.

Halfcaff

Peter those look awesome! What type of wood did you use? Seeing those makes me want to turn some more cigars. Great work!

RAdams

Banned
Those are pretty dang nifty! Are they ok to write with? It looks like it might be a bit uncomfortable??

aggromere

Because of their diameter (known as ring size in the cigar business) the bigger ones, like these two, are a little akward (sp) to write with. I've made smaller ring size pens that are more on the order of a gent, but the bigger ones are the most popular. Guys really like having a pen that looks like the cigars they smoke. I've been working on putting a wooden collar on the nib the increase the size to make it easier to write with, but I'm limited by the inside size of the upper tube. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

I think the wood on these two was some amboyna burl that was not highly figured.

To finish I do the regular CA/BLO i always do, polish it up nice and shiny and then use 0000 steel wool and go over all the wood parts, but not the label. The label stays shiny.

Top Bottom