2 one piece slimline pens

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from smw6442

smw6442

Here are 2 of my latest one piece slimlines pens first one is One Piece Slimline Made From DymondWood and 2nd one is One Piece Slimline Made From Arizona Desert Ironwood both fun to make.. feel free to give comments..thanks steve

Attachments

• P1110292.jpg
    P1110292.jpg
    27.8 KB · Views: 300
  • P1110296.jpg
    P1110296.jpg
    26.4 KB · Views: 300
Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

SDB777

DI is one of the top 5 favs on wood list....don't know if I could have sacrificed one for a slimline, but you did it pretty good.

Scott (nicely done) B

ghostrider

I like the DI one! Very nice.

When reading Scott's comment about "sacrificing" it for a Slimline, it reminded me of a few Slimlines I made out of some nice Cocobolo. I found the blanks in my local Woodcraft's $.50 bin. That's the bin where they throw cuttoffs, and blanks that are either too messed up, or too small to make much out of other than a slimline. The two I found were under 3/4", and that's why (it was explained to me) they were there. They were beautiful pieces so I thought I'd give them a try. That was when I was still turning pens on the drill press, and I was still learning the CA finish at the time.

Drstrangefart

They ARE quite nice! I've been contemplating buying a large enough chunk of DI from Rockler sometime to make a handful. I bet I could get 'em sold a little faster than regular wood Slims.

Top Bottom