2 new pens, Ultra Cigar & Jr Gent

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from DLGunn

DLGunn

Here are two pens I just turned. The ultra cigar turned out well. It is spalted maple. The segmented one is the one I have been asking about how to do, and what kit, etc. The segmented Jr Gent didn't turn out like I wanted. But I learned a lot from it, and I will do one like this again. I love the Jr Gent kits. (I also found a place that sells em for about $7) The cap turned out great, but the other part I messed up. I did not drill perfectly straight through. That really showed up toward the small cap end. I still like it, but it could have been done so much better. It is my first try at segmented anything. The woods for the segments are maple, cocobolo, maple again, and bocote.

All comments all welcome, good or bad.

Attachments

• Jr. Gent segmented 1 small.JPG
    Jr. Gent segmented 1 small.JPG
    53.4 KB · Views: 222
  • Jr. Gent segmented 2 small.JPG
    Jr. Gent segmented 2 small.JPG
    58.8 KB · Views: 175
  • ultra cigar 1 small.JPG
    ultra cigar 1 small.JPG
    59.3 KB · Views: 235
  • ultra cigar 2 small.JPG
    ultra cigar 2 small.JPG
    53.1 KB · Views: 149
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

flyitfast

Both of the pens really look good. I want try a segmented one some day. The spalted pens always look special - you did a great job.
Where do you get Jr. Gents for $7? Sounds like a deal.
Gordon in San Antonio

PenPal

Dave,

I can only see a small section of your brick design pen at a time and find the detail fascinating, the colours are bright, you have shown a lot of the pen all good IMHO really has impact. The Spalted pen leaps out and commands further attention as well colours once again tasteful and so full of interest.

Real pleased you shared these with us heading for the stars. Peter.

Top Bottom