2 new ones thanks to austing

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Caden_Hrabak

Caden_Hrabak

These are 2 i did today. i actually did 3 but ones my PITH so i cant show that :p

1st is a golf ball pen with coco bolo for the blank and black titanium fittings

2nd just an oak pencil

weird thing about the golf ball pen i was using a skew at chrises house and he says that if i use a gouge it will make the curves easier so i try literally and i mean literally the second the gouge touched the wood it blew up so im gonna stick to my only skew chisel method that seems to work for me :p

Attachments

• 100_0374.jpg
    100_0374.jpg
    32.3 KB · Views: 224
  • 100_0378.jpg
    100_0378.jpg
    26.9 KB · Views: 191
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

el_d

Wow nice work.

Love the coco, how is it finished? BLO??? Looks like it has a lot of chatoyance.

Does the golf ball have a cross refill with the tranny?

Caden_Hrabak

Actually its shellaxwax with tripple e oil :) and yeah it has the transmission with a cross refill
This is the coolest idea ever

Skye

Just use whatever works for you. When I first started all I had was a narrow round nose scraper. I can make a whole pen, and barely need to use sandpaper to smooth it using just a scraper.

Judging by your golf tee pen, I'd say it's time for you to stop using centerbands on your slimlines. Take the next step towards custom pens!

Gagler

I really like that golf tee pen - excellent idea and presentation!

I live next to a golf course, and I literally have a 5 gallon bucket full of balls from people getting a little aggressive on a wide-open par 5 (my back yard is even with the tee).

You've given me an inspiration for (a) the collection of balls and (b) my stash of slims that are collecting dust. How long is the lower portion of the golf tee pen, as I assume the transmission needs to be "stuck" further into the lower than a standard slim (I just measured a ball and the top half of a standard slim)?

Caden_Hrabak

Thanks for all the appreciation :) No i havnt givent up on a CA finish ive just found that cocobolo seems to come out really good with a shellaxwax finish.

And for michael i used a designer or european tube for the bottom part and left about a quarter inch without a tube at all

Then drilled a hole in the ball and put the tube in which i had to cut down alot :p

Top Bottom