2 new kit less pens

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Ricks

Ricks

I am posting two more attempts at kit less pens.The green pen is made of Ebonite and the white one is White pearl acrylic. The nibs are from El Grande kits because the tap and dyes are easw to come by.All comments are welcome.Thanks.

Attachments

• kitless2 001 (712 x 534).jpg
    kitless2 001 (712 x 534).jpg
    67.8 KB · Views: 293
  • kitless2 011 (512 x 384).jpg
    kitless2 011 (512 x 384).jpg
    40.6 KB · Views: 294
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Skye

Those are very nice, Rick, although I think "closed end" fits better than "kitless".:)

Well, he didn't really use a complete kit.

He made everything on the white one but the nib/cartridge and the clip. He omitted the centerband (and the threaded connection), the finial too. So, I'd say it's probably 80% kitless.

Ricks

Maybe I made a mistake when I said Kit less.I did use clips from a kit pen,Largely because these are stampings and I don't happen to have 15,000 dollars lying around for a die. I also don't have the equipment to make a nib so I purchased these parts. however there are no bushings no brass tubes and no kit inserts or pretreated press in parts either. So lets sum it up by saying 2 more improvisational pens.

ldb2000

Rick , don't sweat the "Kitless" thing , you have created a pen out of as few manufactured parts as possible , which in my book is a Kitless pen . The clip and nib assy are the two parts that even the very talented Custom penmakers here are all having a hard time manufacturing themselves
To avoid the "thats not kitless" comments , I've started calling them (Semi)Kitless pens even though the parts that are being used are purchased in bulk not in kits , so technically speaking they are for the most part kitless pens .
Keep up the great work !!!

Top Bottom