2 More Slim Lines

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from crokett

crokett

Copper with indian rose wood and brushed nickel with ??? These are for my dad and FIL, although I really like the copper one and might keep it and turn another. I also like a little profile so left it for the band in the middle. Of course I left the finger hold as well - it makes the pen much more comfortable.

copper_rosewood.JPG

nickel_slimline.JPG

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

plantman

I like the finger knobs on the end of the pens. I suggest that you buy a dail calipers to improve the fits on the fittings and center bands, or just round them over. You could also forget the center band all together. Now you are not limited to the size pen you can turn. You could make the upper barrel larger to look like a Parker, or add a thin ring at the center to add some contrast between barrels. Jim S

crokett

I have a set of calipers. I left the profile I did on purpose rather than round the corners over. Personally I like it. Do you think it looks unfinished? If you say yes it won't hurt my feelings. :)

mmoncur

I think they'd both look better with no center band -- I think the first thing anyone should do when opening a slimline kit is to throw away the center band -- but I LOVE your ergonomic grips. I'm going to try some of those myself.

By the way, where did you get the kit in the first pic? It looks like a copper color with a straight (not "fancy") clip. I haven't found that combination before.

crokett

I got it at Woodcraft. It was on sale. I have another same style I did tonight, only I used chestnut. So getting rid of the center band, you still turn a two piece pen, correct? I will have to try that and see how it looks.

mmoncur

Yes, you can just take the pens above apart and put them back together without the center band, it will still fit together. You can also turn the two pieces together, with no bushing in the middle, which helps make them match up perfectly.

Top Bottom