2 more shell casing antlers

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Guest

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

Sorry about the pictures,I'm happy if I can get them resized so my pens don't all look like X

2005123172035_antler%20casing%20slimline%202%20002.jpg

or is it four?

2005123173047_antler%20casing%20slimline%202%20009.jpg

200512317235_antler%20casing%20slimline%202%20012.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

elody21

Very COOL! My brother in law is a hunter. I guess I need to have him save me some shell casings. What size are these? Nice job. I love the rifle clip !

G

30.06( I think) clips can be had from many distributors.
I think these are PSI,made for slimlines.(I got them from Ryan at woodturningz)
You can also get get custom clips like these for Euro-style.

G

The one with the rifle is skewed then "burned" with a wire.
The other is wenge.
It is not a CB per se.
To keep the barrel centered on the tube I turned an old OOPS down so it would fit inside the casing.
I was going to use a piece of contrasting antler but I liked teh look of the wenge so I left it there and finished it off.

G

inside each casing is either a wood or antler blank.
(I found a good place to hide my mistakes)

G

Guys and dols those ARE teh tips that come with the kit.
For some reason when the gold tips get put on the brass cartridges they look "copperish" I know the camera can change the color but even in natural light they have that appearance.The shells have already been fired.

jkirkb94

Thanks Eagle for mentioning what is inside each case. I have been trying to reverse engineer by looking at your pictures as well as others. I was thinking about setting a bullet in the case and drilling a hole in the bullet if possible. I might also try seeing if I can do some of it with my reloading dies and presses?!? Any hints could shorten my learning curve. If I can find a case whose neck is similar in diameter to the base of the pen tip then I might be able to press it in. I guess I'll have to get out the reloading books and look at specs and get out the calipers. Kirk[8D] Also I'll remember the good idea to hide mistakes!![:D]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom