Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Marc Phillips

Status
Not open for further replies.

Marc Phillips

Juniper... from Dario :D
JuniperJrGent2.jpg

JuniperJrGent3.jpg

Uhh... dunno... a free smiley if you know what this wood is... sure is some hard stuff... the sandpaper hardly scratched it!
JGZebrawood.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

skiprat

Passed Away Mar 22, 2022
In Memoriam
Looks like more cooking oil to me!![}:)] Well done again.
I know nothing about wood but I would have guessed oak for the second one.

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
British oak=S. American Bocote.

New formula.

Can't tell on the bottom (bocote), but the top looks like you might have used Baron bushings - or the lighting is VERY misleading. Slightly oversize at the top and slightly undersized at the nib - Baron dimensions.

Sorry - I could be incorrect.[:0][:0][:0]

Marc Phillips

Originally posted by ed4copies
<br />British oak=S. American Bocote.

New formula.

Can't tell on the bottom (bocote), but the top looks like you might have used Baron bushings - or the lighting is VERY misleading. Slightly oversize at the top and slightly undersized at the nib - Baron dimensions.

Sorry - I could be incorrect.[:0][:0][:0]

I don't own any Baron bushings, so that ain't it!

The Bocote pen is the first pen I have used calipers on... and it worked great... that is, the wood is the same size as the kit [:D]

I just switched to different bulbs... at the recommendation of those here... using the curly fluorescent bulbs... should I add more light ya think?

I did make the Bocote pen more curved... believe it or not on purpose [:p] ... but I think I like the more subtle curve on the Juniper pen...

Mikey

The wood looks nice and the finish nice as well, but as others stated, the first one looks like it was turned wrong. It almost looks like you did something that I am guilty of and that is assembling the pen with the nib ens of the barrel facing the wrong way. The Gents pens have one bushing slightly smaller than the other, which would account for the picture.

Marc Phillips

Originally posted by Mikey
<br />The wood looks nice and the finish nice as well, but as others stated, the first one looks like it was turned wrong. It almost looks like you did something that I am guilty of and that is assembling the pen with the nib ens of the barrel facing the wrong way. The Gents pens have one bushing slightly smaller than the other, which would account for the picture.

Anythings possible... especially with me assembling the pen! [:p]

The pen looks good in person... hard to be sure since I really haven't developed the "eye" that you more experienced folks have...

I am working on it though.. [:)]

Thanks for the comments... It all helps.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom