2 more firsts for me...

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from MorganGrafixx

MorganGrafixx

My first time turning deer antler and my first Classic American Pen. I put these in the newbie contest so I figured I'd post them up here too. But from the looks of the other entries, I don't have much of a chance. Oh well, I enjoy making them at least. Let me know what you guys think.
antler_wallst2_1.jpg
antler_wallst2_2.jpg
classamer_cedar_1.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Skye

Classic is quite classy.

Antler, I've never been a fan of antler and gold. I would have probably also reduced the body a little more. Both those are only personal preferences though. Looks like they both hit the bushings dead on and that's the only really important thing as far as construction.

MorganGrafixx

Nice job on the pens. What did you use for finish?

CA on both. So frustrating trying to figure that stuff out. I keep reading people's posts on how to do it, and keep trying it over and over again. But for some reason what takes everyone else 30-45 minutes takes me 10 hours. I'm am to this very minute STILL trying to get the CA finish right on the Ebony I mentioned in my first post. I have taken it back down to the wood twice now because of white spots and lines. It's such a pain in the a$$ but so pretty when it's actually done right.

Top Bottom