2 more Acrylester today

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Pipes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pipes

Did these 2 for fun and like both blanks .:D I duno why the center band looks off in the picture of the blue / white pen because its not .. strange what a camera does ..

lemondropcigarblchSmall.jpg

summersky7mmchrtSmall.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

bgray

I've never turned acrylester. I've heard that it's a little different that standard acrylics.

Any truth to this?

Thanks in advance.

Pipes

Originally posted by bgray43050
<br />I've never turned acrylester. I've heard that it's a little different that standard acrylics.

Any truth to this?

Thanks in advance.

Yap do everything slower and I mean everything . It is prone to chipping when being turned . It a blow out and or crack when drilling IF you use to much speed a dull bit or try and go to fast in any part of making the pen ..Sharp and slow is the word of the day turning this stuff all tools and drill bits sharp slow the drill way down to 500 to 600 rpms atleast and be sure your turning tools are very sharp ..

good luck

grumps

Let me add one more thing to what Pipes said... Be careful on the edges - one catch of a tool and the blank is gonna be history (or so I've heard![;)]).

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
Originally posted by grumps
<br />Let me add one more thing to what Pipes said... Be careful on the edges - one catch of a tool and the blank is gonna be history (or so I've heard![;)]).

I've HEARD that, as well!!![;)][;)][;)]

jkirkb94

Acrylester is one of the most demanding materials that I have used yet. Such a delicate hand and sharp tools needed! The rewards are worth it as your pens show! Kirk[8D]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom