2 more from 2 big egos :)

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from skiprat

skiprat

Passed Away Mar 22, 2022
In Memoriam
I don't mind admitting that my ego is as healthy as anyone elses and there can be no doubt that my buddy Jeff fits ( just fits!!) right near the top!!!!:biggrin:

But unlike some of the loudmouths that we have to put up with these days, when you have a talent as fantastic as his, then it's ok in my book!!!:wink::biggrin:

Here are two more of Jeff's casts. Another Autumn Leaves but on a Jr Statesman this time. Very nice, but I actually prefer the Pale Rider on the Jr Gent BP. This one is my new daily user. :wink:
Thanks Jeff...........I hope I did them good enough!!!:biggrin::biggrin:

Attachments

• AutumnLeaves1.jpg
    AutumnLeaves1.jpg
    47.7 KB · Views: 426
  • AutumnLeaves2.jpg
    AutumnLeaves2.jpg
    51.5 KB · Views: 369
  • PaleRider.jpg
    PaleRider.jpg
    44.8 KB · Views: 459
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

David Keller

Those look great! I can't believe you used stock kits... If I had the tools/talent to make the custom pens you make, I'd probably never order another kit.

mbroberg

IAP Activities Manager, Emeritus
Those look great! I can't believe you used stock kits... If I had the tools/talent to make the custom pens you make, I'd probably never order another kit.

From what I've seen it's more talent than tools (although I've seen pictures of some off the chart, "Made by Skiprat" tools). Fantastic work by two truly fine artists.

skiprat

Passed Away Mar 22, 2022
In Memoriam

Thanks David, but in reality, I have a high failure rate with my home brew bits of metal. Only when I have more than one type of special blank, will I risk it on a custom pen. There is nothing wrong with kit pens either. I've said it before, that while custom pens perhaps look 'interesting' and different, they are often really just 'showcase' pens and sometimes not even practical for use. There are many custom pens around but I honestly still believe that not many of them ( mine included) can beat a nicely made mid to high end kit pen.:wink:

thetalbott4

Thats what I thought too, but after you start doing some custom stuff you find yourself wanting to go out to the shop and turn a pen out in an hour or so instead of days or weeks. It's nice not have to "think" so much about how everything is going to work together. The less I have to think, the better off I am.

bitshird

Skip, those are beauties, your penchant for perfection and his compliment each others work in a fantastic way. I have a couple of Jeff's blanks that I want to do as soon as I get back to turning wood again. I think the two of you have earned the right to those large egos by proving it' not all talk so many times.

RAdams

Banned
But unlike some of the loudmouths that we have to put up with these days, when you have a talent as fantastic as his, then it's ok in my book!!!:wink::biggrin:

Am i really that loud? I am trying to get my skill level caught up to the checks that my mouth writes!:biggrin:

Nice pens! They are both super nice!

skiprat

Passed Away Mar 22, 2022
In Memoriam
Thanks for the comments but it was Jeff that did all the hard work, I just made them round:biggrin:

Also, please don't read anything into my tongue in cheek 'loudmouth' comment, I certainly wasn't referring to anyone here. We have just had our general elections and the amount of BS that was being sprouted, just seemed endless.:rolleyes::wink::biggrin:

PenPal

Skippy

Well done both of you I feel the unselfish way you have acknowledged your co creator in these two pens speaks volumes for and about you. Feel living here I have the advantage of growing up and living where we are umbilicly tied to the Queen and Great Britain, far away enough to make up our own minds and share in all things English. A large percentage of our heritage is from Great Britain, our films our speech (a lot like the Cockney accent) we enjoy the English sense of humour with their great actors, commedians and tremendous tradesman. From America I have family from Scotland migrated from Scotland to the United States in both the 1700,s and 1800,s a daughter living in Utah, my religeon is headquarted in USA. My Aussie families arrived here in the 1840,s in Australia.
Deep down our country owes so much to so many,what I am saying we too put our money where our mouth is as well.

Love the pens both from design to execution mate.
Regards Peter.

workinforwood

Thanks for the comments but it was Jeff that did all the hard work, I just made them round:biggrin:

Also, please don't read anything into my tongue in cheek 'loudmouth' comment, I certainly wasn't referring to anyone here. We have just had our general elections and the amount of BS that was being sprouted, just seemed endless.:rolleyes::wink::biggrin:

If you are referring to me...I can take it and dish it out too! That's why we are friends. My heritage is British, but fortunately at least half of that non sense was bread out of me.:biggrin:

I know a guy that can make a pen out of that BS!

skiprat

Passed Away Mar 22, 2022
In Memoriam
Er...Jeff, that should be 'bred' not 'bread' :wink::biggrin:

LOL, Jeff your ego is a tough as mine and I know you can take a bit of ribbing, but I give you my word that I REALLY wasn't picking on anyone here. As everyone knows, I spout off rubbish every now and then so take EVERYTHING I say witha large pinch of salt.:biggrin:

BTW.....do you remember those Welsh red, white and green dragon blanks you made for me? I might need more!!!! Fingers crossed!!!:wink::biggrin:

workinforwood

We don't pay any attention to anything you say Steve. We just sit here and admire the craftsmanship...otherwise your voice is heard about as clear as my wife's. :biggrin:

My internet was down a couple days. Dragons are no problem for me. I'll put some big ears and a long tail on them. Seriously though..do you like those with the wood, or do you like it better in 100% acrylic no finish required so you don't have to put a clip over your finishing flaws like you normally do?:tongue:

Top Bottom