Status
Not open for further replies.

coach

redheart on top
coffee bean on the bottom

200562213113_mods.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Deere41h

Isn't summer great....Look at all the time your going to have turning out those great looking pens. Nice job. Thanks for sharing them with us.

its_virgil

Coach has caught the disease. Look at him go. Now out of shoot #2..that pen making coach from south Texas...You know it's going to be hard to abruptly stop when two-a-days start.
...Can yuu take your lathe to coachihg school...Where is coaching school this year...Ft. Worth is close to Wichita Falls. Let me know.
Do a good turn daily!
Don

coach

Coaching school is in San Antonio for the first time in like 40 years. Ft. Worth next year. I'll have to set up a meeting time maybe at Woodcraft or something. I should set up a booth. I could sell mechanical pencils. We use a bunch of them. The old saying is "he who has the pencil last always wins!" LOL I won't have a choice but to stop the lathe for 2-a-days. We get to work around 7:00am and our last practice ends at about 10:00pm. Usually home by 11:00. It is awesome though!

53Jim

Very nice pens Coach, but i have a question...

On the bottom pen - doesn't the wood, being exposed the way it is, have a tendency to crack, or catch on shirt pockets & stuff?

Just wondering

alamocdc

Good looking pens, Coach! The redheart is my favorite (I just like red!).

To answer the question posed by Jim, I round the bottom of mine over for just that reason. The lip may still cause them to "drag" as they go into the pocket, but no more than a Euro or MontBlanc would and with the bottom rounded or chamfered, you're less likely to catch the grain on something causing a chipout.

its_virgil

I'll answer for Coach since this is a new pen to him: No! to boyh.
Do a good turn daily!
Don
Originally po him: sted by 53Jim
<br />Very nice pens Coach, but i have a question...

On the bottom pen - doesn't the wood, being exposed the way it is, have a tendency to crack, or catch on shirt pockets & stuff?

Just wondering

Ben

Terrific pens Coach! I know everybody else so far has said they liked the bottom one, but I really like the redheart one... What size bushing did you use for the middle of that one? Are those fiber washers as a "centerband" on the redheart one? Anyway they both look great, and good luck this season...

Ben

coach

No bushing for the center. I stuck the ends together and turned it as one piece. The center band is a piece of old credit card glued to the blanks. I just shaped it to what looked comfortable. The people who have seen this one love the feel of it.

Ben

Originally posted by coach
<br />No bushing for the center. I stuck the ends together and turned it as one piece. The center band is a piece of old credit card glued to the blanks. I just shaped it to what looked comfortable. The people who have seen this one love the feel of it.

I am very impressed! I think I'll have to give it a try myself if you don't mind. Seriously, I havn't seen a slimline design yet that has caught my fancy like this one! Again, terrific job and thanks for sharing...

Ben

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom