2 Little Havanas

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from OKLAHOMAN

Status
Not open for further replies.

OKLAHOMAN

One in Eucalyptus Burl and other in Buckeye Burl dyed Blue,both freebees fron BB dressed in Rhodium.Really liked this pen ever since the day I met Don Ward here in OKC and he had one he uses (snake skin of course)daily.

200757231339_havana.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Firefyter-emt

I really like that BEB one alot! If this kit had a thread coupler that did not require 3 turns to put the cap on, it might be my top favorite kit, I love the plain centerband on these.

johncrane

Yes l agree with you Gary!! Also Roy you say you really like this pen is it the size you really like about the pen and is it your every day pen if so is it a R/B or the F/P l haven't tried this one yet so l would like to know a little more, l think if DON and you really like it.It must OK! [:D]

OKLAHOMAN

John,one of the things I like about the Little Havana is the size and the center band.The size is perfect for your pocket shirt or pants also a womans purse but when posted feels well balanced.They are both f/p and I am going to keep one that I'm making from Prickly Pear Cactus as my daily F/P just to learn how to properly use a fountian pen. Thanks to all for the nice replys.
Originally posted by johncrane
<br />Yes l agree with you Gary!! Also Roy you say you really like this pen is it the size you really like about the pen and is it your every day pen if so is it a R/B or the F/P l haven't tried this one yet so l would like to know a little more, l think if DON and you really like it.It must OK! [:D]

Dario

What John said. I too haven't tried this kit and might have to try it due to this "endorsements" [;)] Would love to hear the answer to John's questions.

I too pick the blue BEB. Great job on both!

its_virgil

Nice pens Roy! You did a great job on them. My little havana is a favorite pen...actually it is an El Toro from Arizona Silhouette...not the same pen but very very close.
Do a good turn daily!
Don

I really like it.
Originally posted by OKLAHOMAN
<br />One in Eucalyptus Burl and other in Buckeye Burl dyed Blue,both freebees fron BB dressed in Rhodium.Really liked this pen ever since the day I met Don Ward here in OKC and he had one he uses (snake skin of course)dailey.

200757231339_havana.jpg
<br />

OKLAHOMAN

My bad Don, when I saw your Pen back in Feb.I thought it was a Little Havana,but as you said the El Toro is a close cousin.
Originally posted by its_virgil
<br />Nice pens Roy! You did a great job on them. My little havana is a favorite pen...actually it is an El Toro from Arizona Silhouette...not the same pen but very very close.
Do a good turn daily!
Don

I really like it.
<br />One in Eucalyptus Burl and other in Buckeye Burl dyed Blue,both freebees fron BB dressed in Rhodium.Really liked this pen ever since the day I met Don Ward here in OKC and he had one he uses (snake skin of course)daily.

200757231339_havana.jpg
<br />

edman2

Local Chapter Leader
Not bad Roy, for a one-handed pen turner! No telling what you could do with both hands! Hope your right hand is healing nicely (yes everyone I know it was the left hand but it's an inside lefty joke).
Very nice work.

its_virgil

I'm to blame also. I thought they were the exact same kit until just a couple of weeks ago. I may have even told you it was a Little Havana or that the Little Havana and El Toro were the same kit. Both are so close they are difficult to tell apart. I like 'em both.
Do a good turn daily!
Don
<br />My bad Don, when I saw your Pen back in Feb.I thought it was a Little Havana,but as you said the El Toro is a close cousin.

alxe24

<br />One in Eucalyptus Burl and other in Buckeye Burl dyed Blue,both freebees fron BB dressed in Rhodium.Really liked this pen ever since the day I met Don Ward here in OKC and he had one he uses (snake skin of course)daily.

200757231339_havana.jpg
<br />

First of all congrats on the great looking pens. They are great. I
've been using the same one for the last 2 years and I can't get tired of it. The only down side to it is the black enamel it tends to chip a bit right at the edge by the use mainly when putting the cap back on othen than that it is a fenomenal kit, you should try the B/P and R/B they make a good trio.
Also, are you surethe blue one is not BOX ELDER to me it does not look like buck eye.
Regards,
Alex

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom