2 Ligero's/Curly Makore

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Mack C.

Mack C.

Passed Away Sep 29, 2018
In Memoriam
A friend donated some Curly Makore cutoffs to my pen making cause. For payment I sent these 2 pens.
attachment.jpg

Attachments

• Pens Ligero - Curly Makore 003 (Medium).jpg
    Pens Ligero - Curly Makore 003 (Medium).jpg
    48.9 KB · Views: 397
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Skye

Man, that's some curl!

I'm not going to comment on your finish because it was obviously put on by magic and I don't appreciate magic.

(Great finish!)

Mack C.

Passed Away Sep 29, 2018
In Memoriam
Man, that's some curl!

I'm not going to comment on your finish because it was obviously put on by magic and I don't appreciate magic.
Hello Skye; thanks for your comments. My friend posted a pic of 2 book matched pieces of this Curly Makore on a wood working site that we both visit. I implored him for any cutoffs in exchange for 1 pen. He sent me so much Makore, I returned 2 pens.

As far as the magic in the finish, I thought I had commented on it but I guess not.

1st coat was BLO to bring out the grain, but I believe the CA would have done that anyway. Then 7 coats of med. CA applied with a Q-tip, mm'd at about 4 - 6,000 between coats. After the last coat I mm'd from 4,000 - 12,000. For the final touch, I used FLITZ® a metal, plastic, & fiberglass polish that smells very much like Brasso.

No magic, at all, but I appreciate your thought.

Skye

That's great, I've had problems popping the grain with BLO and then going over it with CA. I noticed if done right it looks better than plain sanding sealer but sometimes I would get a clouding problem.

I still don't see how you guys apply CA with a Qtip and don't have huge waves in it.

Mack C.

Passed Away Sep 29, 2018
In Memoriam
Both are beautiful. You should of included the caps in the pic.
Hi Steve; Caps? What caps? (Just kidding):biggrin:

I would have liked the caps to be included in the pic. I just couldn't find a good posing position for them.

How's this?

attachment.jpg

Attachments

• Pens Ligero - Curly Makore 004 (Small).jpg
    Pens Ligero - Curly Makore 004 (Small).jpg
    22 KB · Views: 95

CSue

Local Chapter Leader
Very Nice! I think your finish is better than any words I could come up with right now. What a beautiful gift.

Top Bottom