2 Good old slims and another one

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from skiprat

skiprat

Passed Away Mar 22, 2022
In Memoriam
Today is my wonderful wife and my 27th anniversary and we will be celebrating
with a visit to Pisa and Venice, Italy for a week or so, from tomorrow. :biggrin:

So.....while she is out shopping for goodness knows what...:rolleyes: I managed to finish off a titanium and stainless kitless. The exercise here was to make the lightest weighing fully metal pen I've done. Capped it comes in at only 42 grams !! Not a particularly snazzy pen but ok for a handbag...:biggrin:

Next, which I just finished are two filigreed slimline variants.

I won't say what issue I had with both these UK Axminster kits but I'd like to know if anyone else has had an issue. These are the ones that need a tennon.
Not sure how long they will last, but they look ok, I think. :biggrin:

Now....I just gotta psyche myself up for a week of ....aaarrgh....pasta!!:frown: I think I'll take her out for a monster steak tonight though...:biggrin:

Attachments

• 2.JPG
    2.JPG
    333 KB · Views: 408
  • 4.JPG
    4.JPG
    184.6 KB · Views: 348
  • 5.JPG
    5.JPG
    211 KB · Views: 352
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Joe S.

I'm not sure I like the seam in the middle like that, it just looks a little disproportionate to me. It is neat that you got it so light though! Nice job on the slimlines too, they make a nice set.

Edgar

New Member Advocate
Staff member
Happy Anniversary, Steven.
Great pens - you sure know how to dress up a slimline.

D.Oliver

I'm not sure I like the seam in the middle like that, it just looks a little disproportionate to me. It is neat that you got it so light though! Nice job on the slimlines too, they make a nice set.

I guess I'm on the other side of the fence, because I like the seam. Oh, and Happy Anniverary Steven! Enjoy your trip.

Last edited:

skiprat

Passed Away Mar 22, 2022
In Memoriam
Thanks gents. :wink:
Joe I understand your point and perhaps the cap looks a bit too long ( or the body too short?) I was going to make the seam exactly in the middle, but then subconsciously cut the cap to fit the length of the nib......:rolleyes: oh well, not all fruit is shaped or tastes like a peach...:biggrin:

Thanks again

Dalecamino

Local Chapter Leader
OOOOOH! I like those!:wink: Love the look of the S&T combo. Not yet tried to turn any on my Micro but, may have a go some day.

Congratulations on your anny! Have a great vacation and, don't forget your pen and, handbag :biggrin::tongue:

Super Dave

Congratulations, well done ! The pens and the anniversary. Great accomplishment. The anniversary and the pens. Have fun, making pens and your Honeymoon......

Dave

Top Bottom