2 Firsts-Dymond Wood and Rattlesnake

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from clewless

Status
Not open for further replies.

clewless

My first sierra with replacment bushings and also my first rattlesnake. Hit a little bubble or tear out 3/16 from the nib end just as I was holding my breathe and finishing up. Filled with CA, sanded, buffed and it disappeared.

Also my first dymondwood pen. No problem drilling but it sent me to the grinder twice...boy sharper is better...

200622152122_rattlesnake%20sierra1.jpg

200622152053_cherry%20dymondwood1.jpg

angboy

Very nice Joe. I particularly like the dymondwood one (surprise, surprise...) Both are nicely matched with the pen kits you chose. And I'd say you definitely fixed the blowout well, assuming it was on the side of the pen that the picture is showing! I can't see a thing.

Mikey

While I like the color choice and how stuff matches up, I don't like the Sierra all that much, mostly because the shape isn't smoothly carried into the blank. The Dymondwood pen looks good.

clewless

I agree. That was my first "snake" and directions said not to get too thin at ends to prevent blowout. At $9.00, I took it easy. I'm taking it to a friend in NZ, no vipers there, so it should be a hit regardless!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom