2 down 3 to go

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from David M

David M

I have to make 5 pens that will be juried . Here are my first 2. The first is ebonite that was a prize in the bash . Thanks Russianwolf its nice :).
DSC00631.jpg

DSC00633.jpg

also thanks to the others that posted on finishing ebonite , it is natural no finnish other than sanding and pollish .
My second one is American Wormy Cheastnut , with a little ca as finnish.
DSC00643.jpg

DSC00639.jpg

Wood was also free , dont you just love free stuff .....:)
any and all comments welcom

David

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
IF it were me, I would include a history with the ebonite, when you submit for jurying. Shows you know a little about pens, which makes you look more professional.

Russianwolf

I gave you that????? Sheesh, I'll have to consider my "donations" more carefully next time. :tongue:

Great looking set. As Lou said, and provide them with the background on the other materials as well, I'll bet most don't realize how uncommon Chestnut is now, and how common it used to be.

toolcrazy

Pardon my ignorance, but what do you mean they are being juried? Are they for a contest or art show of some kind?

Juried shows judge the craft items on whether you get a booth or not. Some shows are really picky about who get in.

Beautiful pair of pens. I love the Ebonite. I wish I could get my hands on some.

Top Bottom