2 that didn't make the contests

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from TLTHW

TLTHW

1st is a copper cigar with Maple from a clock a coworker was throwing away.
2nd is a white acrylic that I just had too many problems with the center band.
C & C always welcome.

Attachments

• rsz_copper_cigar_2.jpg
    rsz_copper_cigar_2.jpg
    48.6 KB · Views: 341
  • rsz_white_1.jpg
    rsz_white_1.jpg
    110.2 KB · Views: 327
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
That cigar is really nice but the slimline is a real hit as far as I am concerned. Love that center band it just makes all of that pen pop. I am usually not a big fan of slimlines but the ones that you are making have me rethinking my position. Really nice work.

SDB777

Would have been pretty cool to see the clock...sort of a before the trash and after the beauty! Some really nice looking timber in that Cigar!

What is wrong with the slim? Guess I need to turn more of them, that way I might be able to spot the little things that are obvious to everyone else? Cause I just don't see anything wrong with it!!

Scott (very nice) B

BSea

The wood in the cigar is outstanding. I'm not really a fan of the copper with it. I think copper is a hard finish to match up with though. But that's me.

And I really like the slimline too. Great job on the custom centerband. I've rediscovered the slimline, and almost always make a custom centerband. And I agree, I can't find a thing wrong with it.

TLTHW

That cigar is really nice but the slimline is a real hit as far as I am concerned. Love that center band it just makes all of that pen pop. I am usually not a big fan of slimlines but the ones that you are making have me rethinking my position. Really nice work.

I have fallen in love with modified slimlines. They are an excellent way to show off a blank and your creativity.

TLTHW

Would have been pretty cool to see the clock...sort of a before the trash and after the beauty! Some really nice looking timber in that Cigar!

What is wrong with the slim? Guess I need to turn more of them, that way I might be able to spot the little things that are obvious to everyone else? Cause I just don't see anything wrong with it!!

Scott (very nice) B

The brass on the center band spun loose several times and doesn't lay flat or true. The glue lines and the slight gap between sections don't show in the photo but are very noticeable to me. I freely admit to being a picky bastard when judging my own work!

booney0717

I realy like the maple cigar. I just made a copper cigar for my wife with bubinga and realy did'nt think i was going to like the kit but once it was all togather it also turned out great. Just goes to show you cant always tell what a kit is going to look like when its still in the bag. I was pleasently surprised. Both pens look great

Top Bottom