2 cups of Java ready to go

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Dave Turner

Dave Turner

I finished these two coffee bean pens today. Turning coffee bean blanks makes wood and acrylics seem easy. I went nice and slow, turning between centers. Once I got a little overly aggressive and WHAM!, the blank cracked. I managed to glue it back together and you can barely see the crack, but I made a replacement nevertheless since these pens are going to a client. I really like the way these turned out, but it took way longer than I predicted.

Euro 8mm (Round Top) chrome components from Bear Tooth Woods, coffee bean blanks from Fred Wissen at luv2turn.com. Finished with 12+ coats of CA.

Attachments

• Coffee Bean Pens.jpg
    Coffee Bean Pens.jpg
    37.3 KB · Views: 243
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Bobalu

Those look super! I've only turned one of these bean blanks, but it was a challenge. It must have taken me a month to finish it, as I kept putting it aside every time I knocked a bean loose or chipped one. Must have used a bottle of CA on it making repairs.

renowb

Nice ones Dave! I know what you mean. Coffee bean blanks are notorious for cracking. But you did a fine job on them!

U-Turn

Those dang blanks drive me nuts. I blew up a few and was determined to get one done - finally did so that one was two - my first and last. Good Job.

Top Bottom