2 Choices ???

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from mark james

mark james

IAP Collection, Curator
I have only been turning for 2 years, so I'm still at the level of 6/10 are acceptable; 2/10 are very nice; and 1/10 are actually...GOOD.

So, like at knucklehead... "Yea, I'll join in with the pen exchange at the MPG..."

So, My latest efforts for nothing but the pen exchange are these 2... opinions are welcome.

#1 Mesquite and Turquoise Gold Matrix Tru Stone.
#2 Jasper Gold Matrix Tru Stone.

I favor... both!

Comments...please!

Attachments

• IMG_0745.jpg
    IMG_0745.jpg
    170 KB · Views: 270
  • IMG_0748.jpg
    IMG_0748.jpg
    87.9 KB · Views: 282
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

TimS124

I like the Jasper quite a bit more. It's purely a matter of my taste though...I like Mesquite and I like Turquoise, but I don't find that they mix well together in a 50-50 ratio. Perhaps if the two materials were mixed in the top/bottom instead of one for top, one for bottom, they'd look like belong together better.

Congrats on joining the pen exchange...sounds like it's helping you push your skills!

mark james

IAP Collection, Curator
I like the Jasper quite a bit more. It's purely a matter of my taste though...I like Mesquite and I like Turquoise, but I don't find that they mix well together in a 50-50 ratio. Perhaps if the two materials were mixed in the top/bottom instead of one for top, one for bottom, they'd look like belong together better.

Congrats on joining the pen exchange...sounds like it's helping you push your skills!

Yup... It begged for segmenting... Not yet in my skill set.. :frown:
But... The comments are great motivation. Maybe next year!!!

OZturner

Mark I am for Jasper, Beautiful Pen.
As has been previously said the Turquoise Gold Matrix and Mesquite, don't seem to get on together.
I would probably make a new Nib section in Mesquite.
Brian.

Top Bottom