2 cactus pen with display case

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from MesquiteMan

Status
Not open for further replies.

MesquiteMan

Retired Head Moderator
A few months ago I donated a his/hers Statesman/Jr. Statesman Fountain pen along with a mesquite display case to a local charity auction. It was the most popular silent auction item and ended up selling for $1,000. Anyway, the wife of the runner-up bidder contacted me a few weeks ago and commissioned me to make another one for her husband for Christmas. This is the final results right before I delivered them this morning:

2006122411317_display8.jpg

2006122411336_display10.jpg

2006122411430_display5.jpg

The pens are clear resin with black centers and the base is covered with black velvet. The prop is obviously a piece of cactus skeleton. The case is made with mesquite that I salvaged from a road construction site. I milled the lumber, cut the glass, and made the case. No mechanical fasteners of any sort were used for the construction of the case.

I am quite proud of the finished product and more importantly, she was very pleased with it. If anyone would like close-ups of the case construction for ideas on building your own, let me know. I took a number of close-ups while I was photographing the whole thing.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

leatherjunkie

Curtis,

that display and pens look great.

I turned the red cactus pen blank that i purchased from you.
I was very surprised at how easy it was to turn.
I will take a picture of the pen after i bring it home from work.

Thanks for making these blanks available to us pen turners.

Leon

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom