2 and 1 celtic knots

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Aces-High

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
I'm not getting tired of these at all. I've been wanting to turn a triple celtic knot shaving brush for quite some time now but other projects - and life in general - have kept me from it. I enjoy seeing your work, I hope mine turns out as good as your when I eventuall get around to it.

mark james

IAP Collection, Curator
I look at the parallel sections to see if they are "equal." May not be the best criteria, but that is what I look for:

Yours look excellent! My pictures may not have transferred well, but your sections are very well defined and in proportion.

Your last pictures : 8:54PM display very equal parallel sections - NICE!

This is a very harsh critique, as most folks would not notice the variances, nor would they care. So please disregard at will!!

The knots are great - just shift the blank on the tube a bit to the right, add end caps (which you have), and all is done! :wink:

Attachments

• 1_IMG_1928.jpg
    1_IMG_1928.jpg
    109.4 KB · Views: 127
  • 1_IMG_1932.jpg
    1_IMG_1932.jpg
    87.1 KB · Views: 120

magpens

Amazingly precise cuts, Jason !! . Beautiful work !! Congratulations !

What is the pen kit, please ?

Last edited:

Aces-High

I look at the parallel sections to see if they are "equal." May not be the best criteria, but that is what I look for:

Yours look excellent! My pictures may not have transferred well, but your sections are very well defined and in proportion.

Your last pictures : 8:54PM display very equal parallel sections - NICE!

This is a very harsh critique, as most folks would not notice the variances, nor would they care. So please disregard at will!!

The knots are great - just shift the blank on the tube a bit to the right, add end caps (which you have), and all is done! :wink:

Mark,

I always appreciate helpful advice, especially since I've only been doing this for a few months. When you say shift the blank to the right, are you talking about how the knots are not quite centered on the blank? I have one on the lathe atm which is much better centered. I don't know info can get the lines more correct than they are on this pen since I'm doing this on a bandsaw...

Thanks again for you support.

Jaso

Top Bottom