2 1/2 first timers

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from HoratioHornblower

Hey all, so pictured first is one of my first Lucite pens. The amazing thing about this is I turned it with tools that were sharpened on a 6" 3450 RPM 32 grit grinder/stone! Amazingly, it came out fine. I'm sorry for the pictures, you will have to trust me on the quality...Second is the pen that I made for my girlfriend's Dad for Christmas. It was my first Jr. Gent, and my first time doing the whole quarter thing. Learned a lot about how to do the quarter, and Seamus does an amazing job because let me tell you this was not easy! (I think my blade was too big at 3/0. Live and learn.) I covered up the quarter with CA once it was attached. I need to get the equipment to cast so it won't have bubbles and bloom, but that is down the road. Again, I'm sorry for the bad pictures. I just got a light box, and I could really use a better camera... Comments and critiques are much appreciated! Thanks!

Sincerely,
David

Attachments

• 114 copy.jpg
    114 copy.jpg
    18 KB · Views: 169
  • 038 jpg.jpg
    038 jpg.jpg
    19.9 KB · Views: 220
  • 036.jpg
    036.jpg
    63.9 KB · Views: 177
  • 042 copy.jpg
    042 copy.jpg
    28 KB · Views: 193
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

firewhatfire

It seems you are way ahead of the curve on those now. They say the 1st and 2nd are the hardest afer that it gets easy. Looks like we will be seeing some great stuff from you.

Phil

Top Bottom