1st slimline without a centerband

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from firewhatfire

firewhatfire

Here is my first one without a centerband. Tell me what you think and thanks for looking.

Phil

slimlinewithoutcenterband001.jpg

slimlinewithoutcenterband002.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Jgrden

I think you finish is great. I also think you cut the wood to a very thin layer and could use a little more beef. I also think you took great pains to line up the grain. It is a great looking pen.

firewhatfire

I cut it that thin on request. It was built for a checkbook. I did try to line up the grain as best I could on it. I am learning this stuff as I go and having a blast doing it. I like them a little beefier also, if its for me. I have several request for slimmer pens such as this, so I need to be in the shop getting them thin.

It has already found its new home and a happy customer.

Phil

firewhatfire

had a request for by another lady for a pen suitable for a checkbook. So I turned this one for her, think I may have found a niche for a pens to sell. I am going to call them what they want them for....Checkbook pens. Does anyone else have any ideas about pens such as these?

Thanks

Phil

Checkbookpen004.jpg

Checkbookpen005.jpg

RonRoss

Gator Alley Euro Pen

They look great Phil.
I did an acrylic a couple weeks ago, European pen, and left the centerband off. Kinda neat I think.

...ps..fixed that HUGE picture.. :)

Oh, and this particular Acrylic choice is for my Gator Fan co-workers in Gainesville. (shhhh, I'm a Buckeye fan)

Attachments

• Pens 004.jpg
    Pens 004.jpg
    80.3 KB · Views: 91
Last edited:

BKelley

Very nice. The lady who ordered for her checkbook was correct. A slim line is SLIM.
They were disigned that way. Look at A.T. Cross, nice straight lines. Keep up the good work.

Ben

Penultimate

It looks nice, the fit between the halves looks right on. I have a slim with a custom CB on the lathe now. I hope mine turns out as nice as yours.

KenV

Looking good!! Are you ready for the one piece slimmie??? that may be your ultimate checkbook pen. Also look at long wood pens -- your smooth lines are good on that click style pen.

boxxmaker

I just started making pen a while back,so I'm no expert.I really like those,great looking pens.I took my pens to a campout recently and it was suggested by a good lady friend of ours that the ladys she works with,not only likes the slim pens like those,but don't really care for the clips,as they are carried in there purse or check books and don't need the clip.I too have made some without the CB and seems a lot of folks like then also.

Top Bottom