1st Segmented Pen

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from CSue

CSue

Local Chapter Leader
It took me quite awhile to attempt a segmented pen. This is it. My niece loves fall colors and fountain pens. So I hade her this Jr. Gent with one of Lou's nibs. It's Maple "sandwiched with cocobolo, padauk, yellowheart and bloodwood. I had a hard time matching up the pattern, though.

All comments welcome.

Attachments

• JessiesPen_WEB.JPG
    JessiesPen_WEB.JPG
    86.9 KB · Views: 260
  • JessiesPen3_WEB.JPG
    JessiesPen3_WEB.JPG
    83.7 KB · Views: 144
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

jkeithrussell

There is a thread or tutorial around here somewhere that describes how to get the pattern lined up when the cap is fully threaded onto the lower barrel. You basically screw the lower barrel coupler onto the upper barrel (center band attachment), then match the grain and press the lower barrel coupler into place. The segmenting looks good.

hewunch

There is a thread or tutorial around here somewhere that describes how to get the pattern lined up when the cap is fully threaded onto the lower barrel. You basically screw the lower barrel coupler onto the upper barrel (center band attachment), then match the grain and press the lower barrel coupler into place. The segmenting looks good.

I do the lower barrel 1st then start pressing in the coupler, leave it about 1/3 of the way out. thread in the lower and turn the bottom until it lines up. Then press the coupler in the rest of the way.

jttheclockman

HA HA HA HA your hooked. You are hooked. I bet you just can't do one... Nice work on it and thanks for showing.

Top Bottom