1st Post

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from TC

Status
Not open for further replies.

TC

For Christmas this year my dad made us all pens. Every year he makes us something out of wood and this year it was pens. It seemed interesting so I asked him to show me how. Well I am now obsessed. After two months I finally feel I have some pens worth showing off so here they are.

Bloodwood with Birch and Walnut
2006335226_Blood%20Baron%201.jpg

Bloodwood with Santos Rosewood and Birch
2006335310_Blood%20Baron%202.jpg

Bloodwood with Maple and Walnut
2006335330_Blood%20Cigar%201.jpg

Juniper
2006335355_Juniper%20Gents.jpg

Zebrawood
200633553_Zebra%20Baron%201.jpg

Thanks for looking and also for all the inspiration
Tim

Dario

I agree, all are great but the Juniper is my favorite too.

Wonderful pics...now I know why.

Care to teach us? [;)][:D][}:)] I am intrigued on how you position your pens. What are you using to hold them in position?

Sorry too many questions but can't help it. [:D]

its_virgil

Tim,
They are all very nice. The first two lams are my favorite from that style, but, the juniper is just drop dead gorgeous. I do hope you have more of that wood...a really stricking pen. Keep 'em coming.
Do a good turn daily!
Don

Originally posted by TC
<br />For Christmas this year my dad made us all pens. Every year he makes us something out of wood and this year it was pens. It seemed interesting so I asked him to show me how. Well I am now obsessed. After two months I finally feel I have some pens worth showing off so here they are.

GBusardo

I like the Juniper best also! Awesome!!! I am assuming the Zebrawood was cut at 90 degrees, was it hard ro turn?? I am also assuming that one of you guys is an accomplished woodworker, that lamination looks pretty darn PERFECT!!! Thanks for sharing the pics
Gary

punkinn

Holy cow, that's quite an introduction. Really beautiful work!! I love the Bloodwood with Birch and Walnut and the Juniper.

You're going to have a hard time topping this set! [:)]

Nancy

TC

Thanks for all the positive feedback. It means a lot to me coming from such a talented bunch of people.
To answer a few of your questions, The zebrawood was very difficult to turn and was actually cut at about 33 degees.
My dad is very talented but is not as into the pens as I am. He owned a machine shop for over 40 years and when he retired put a workshop in his basement. I can only dream of the custom pens I could have made if he didn't get rid of the machine shop.

Thanks again

Tim

knottyharry

So you're obsessed are you....Just Wait.
Great work, great pics. Keep them coming.
They are all fantastic, but the Juniper is a gorgeous wood.
Not to take away from the others at all.
Harry

Tim, If this is your quality of work after just 2 months, I can't even imagine what it will be like in a year of two! After seeing these I don't think I'll post any more pics! Ive been turning for 2 years! Beautiful pens Tim![8D][:D][8D]

thetalbott4

I think there is some sort of rule somewhere that says newbies cant go around being all good and stuff. Great work. Whats the finish?

GBusardo

Really nice work!!! I can't decide which one I like best [:)] I always wondered what the 45 degree zebrawood would look like on a pen. i think it looks great!
Thanks for postiing the pictures

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom