1st pen vs most recent pen

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from jughead

Status
Not open for further replies.

jughead

1'st pen. Not a clue as to what was going on.

Image Insert:
20061127172859_DSC02957small.jpg

Most recent pen. Still not a clue but an improvement (about 20 pens so far). Thanks everyone for the info on the site. Special thanks to Eagle for the long but helpful phone call for help on this one.

20061127182947_DSC02965small.jpg

Sorry about the horrible pictures. I have no clue there either.
Now........ Let me have it I have thick skin.;)

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Rifleman1776

You have come a long way quickly. Your first pen is very typical of what many (yours truly included) do, or did, with their first attempts. For reasons I can't explain, there always seem to be a lot of curves, bulges, bumps, wasp waist nonsense on them. Perhaps it is a natural learning curve to see what can be done turning a small object.

JimGo

Your finishing technique has certainly improved! Congratulations on such quick progress.

I'd like to see a larger version of your latest pen if we're to give you good feedback, and preferably on a white background (though a larger version of this pic would probably do). If you make it so the picture is 640 pixels wide, you should be OK. The reason I'd like to see a bigger pic is that it LOOKS like the wood is a little proud of both the CB and the finial, though the lower barrel looks pretty good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom