1st Mesa

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Big

Big

Moved up to the Mesa to try. Not sure what wood this is but it turned out fairly well. I was nervous as could be about doing something other than the Slimlines that I have been working on. This is a heavy, really nice kit and made a very nice pen.

Attachments

• 1st Mesa Satin A.jpg
    1st Mesa Satin A.jpg
    109.5 KB · Views: 329
  • Mesa1 A.jpg
    Mesa1 A.jpg
    107.2 KB · Views: 323
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Jim Burr

Banned
Nice work on the lines and fit!! JMHO...and others...mesa is a very poorly made kit and will fall apart...not if...when. Save those $$ and move up! BTW...I'm not the only one saying it...just a fact.
How about finish details and...oh...what kind of wood is it?

mark james

IAP Collection, Curator
Hey Mike, Pretty cool! (Certainly not "Junk" :)- inside joke folks).

This style of kit is very forgiving for getting a nice appearance, just a slight curve and you've got something nice.

It just might be Oak as Dan said, although you should have had pretty open grains, and this looks a bit finer... maybe my oak is not like your oak. :redface:

I have not used the Mesa before, so Jim may have a good point. But, this style of kit leads you into some very nice, well made options (i.e. Berea Sierra up to the Majestic Squire).

Keep up the good work!

Mark

mikeinco

I love the Mesa and have made 4 of them so far, goes together easily and really shows off your turned media. Good looking pen.

ironman123

Nice work Michael. I made 15-20 of those last year and no complaints yet. (Knock on wood)

A similar in looks and making is the Berra Sierra. Those are pretty popular. Also the Berra Sierra Click is a nice pen.

endacoz

Nice work on the lines and fit!! JMHO...and others...mesa is a very poorly made kit and will fall apart...not if...when. Save those $$ and move up! BTW...I'm not the only one saying it...just a fact.
How about finish details and...oh...what kind of wood is it?

I've gone back two years and have not seen one other person complain. I have only seen positive things even a few people said it was one of their best seller.

has anyone else had a problem with the Mesa?

vtgaryw

The Mesa is every bit as good a kit as any of the equivalents. In fact, WoodTurningz now sells it in a Gold-Titanium and Platinum finish. I've made and sold 100's of them over the years.

-gary

Top Bottom