1st Jr. Statesman

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from hewunch

hewunch

OK, this is something I have been thinking about doing for a while. It is my first attempt. I have another blank ready to be finished. The woods are Jabota, Spanish Cedar, Walnut and the woods in elmostro's blank (Bloodwood, Maple and I think something else maybe Paduk). Anyhow, I was going for a stained glass window in a brick building look. Tell me what you think.

fairprotosm.jpg

fairprotoopensm.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

VisExp

I agree with the comment about the smaller pieces in the stained glass. However, Hans, the "brick wall" looks awesome!!!! The color combinations work so well and you nailed the spacing of the horizontal "mortar" layers on each blank. Well done, great job!

hewunch

The mortar thickness is .02" it is walnut veneer. And I wish I could take credit for the glass, but that is all Elmostro.

Skye

Very cool.

One change I would make is to make sure that none of the 'glass' can be mistaken for the wood the pen is made from. As it is now, it looks like pieces of the wood are floating in the window.

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
OMG!!!!!!

I agree with SKYE!!! (why yes, perhaps the sky IS falling!!)

Nice first attempt and GREAT spacing, though.

JohnU

Ive been knocking this idea around for a while too. You did very good! I think I want to try it with small fish cutouts and make it look like fish swimming around in the resin. Small Transparent pr cuttings in the blue pr might look well for a stained glass and give it a nice color change in the light also.

workinforwood

It's a great idea and a beautiful pen with a great finish too! be nice if the wood in the stained glass wasn't so similar to the wood in the pen, but size wise I see no issues. Perfect way to salvage a cut-off too...hats off to you!

ElMostro

Windows....

Hello again. I was looking at this pen and it is beautiful. I have been working on an idea (similar to what you did on this pen) and I want you to be the first to test it. Please PM me your address, I have someting I want to mail toyou. Free of charge...the only catch is that when you make a pen from it you post a pic ;) .

Thanks, Eugene

OK, this is something I have been thinking about doing for a while. It is my first attempt. I have another blank ready to be finished. The woods are Jabota, Spanish Cedar, Walnut and the woods in elmostro's blank (Bloodwood, Maple and I think something else maybe Paduk). Anyhow, I was going for a stained glass window in a brick building look. Tell me what you think.

fairprotosm.jpg

fairprotoopensm.jpg

Top Bottom