1st Gent

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from thetalbott4

Status
Not open for further replies.

thetalbott4

This my first attempt at a Gentlemans kit (10K). Lace Sheoak blank with BLO/CA finish topped off with friction polish (I was experimenting). This kit is a billboard for showing off figure. Question to you guys is - do many people buy and use pens this big? Comments needed and welcome.

Image Insert:
20051224162454_Gentlemans%20Lace%20Sheoak%20Custom.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

PenWorks

Great looking pen Scott, or billboard [:D] This is the secound sheoak I have seen that is a real nice red/orange color, wwwhhhyyyyy doesn't my sheoak look like that, it is more brown,

thetalbott4

Originally posted by PenWorks
<br />This is the secound sheoak I have seen that is a real nice red/orange color, wwwhhhyyyyy doesn't my sheoak look like that, it is more brown,
Brown Lace Sheoak is icky at best.[xx(] A guy might be willing to send a couple red ones if he know that a couple of those black ice was coming his way.[;)]

buzzb

I haven't made anything with it yet, but I got some of the lacey sheoak from Scott and it is just like this pen- a beautiful red color, so I'm sure whatever he might send you would be nice Anthony! In fact, I got several different types of wood from him and they all had great color, nice reds!

And Scott, the pen looks great! I don't know exactly how big the pen is (I need that comparison chart someone made...) but personally, I like the larger pens a lot better, although I'm sure there's a size where they're too large and wouldn't be comfortable anymore. And people sometimes seem to assume that women like the smaller sizes better, which I don't think is true. Not only do I know that I like the larger ones, of the last two women that I've given a pen to, where I gave them a choice from several options, they both chose cigar pens that I had made on the larger side. So you might be surprised at who really likes this!

PenWorks

Originally posted by buzzb
<br /> I got some of the lacey sheoak from Scott and it is just like this pen- a beautiful red color, so I'm sure whatever he might send you would be nice Anthony!

The deal has allready be consimated [:D]

Teniko

Nice pen. To answer your last question, yes, there are quite a few people who will buy a large pen and you will be suprised at the prices you will get. I sell more of the Emporer/Statesman/Gentleman in fountain and most get a nice box with engraving on it.

gerryr

WOW.[:p][:p] Great looking pen and fabulous wood. Now I have to add that to my list of woods to get. So much wood, so little time.[:(]

thetalbott4

Thanks for kind words everyone.

Anthony If we have consimated, do I get half your stuff?[:D]That explains why you never call anymore.[:D]

Buzz I appreciate the plug on the wood. Interesting info on size issue. i wouldnt have figured most guys or women would go that route. I'm going to get a few more of the higher end platings and make some more up. I really like how they show off the material.

Teniko I'm glad you mentioned the fountain style. I dont use them personally so I tend to not make them, but I should if thats what sells. The price issue makes sense - the bigger and heavier anything is, the more it costs. Works on everything else, why not pens?

Gerryr When your ready, shoot me line and I'll get you set up with the good stuff. Man that sounds like a drug deal, huh?

angboy

Buzz I appreciate the plug on the wood. Interesting info on size issue. i wouldnt have figured most guys or women would go that route. I'm going to get a few more of the higher end platings and make some more up. I really like how they show off the material.

Oops, I'm going to have to be more careful in my postings to be sure who I'm signed in under- my dad probably doesn't like me making him into a female! (should have used that logout button first!) Scott, in case you couldn't figure out who Buzz was and how he got wood from you, there's a reason for that! But actually I gave him some of what I got from you, and he does also think it's very nice. [:D][:D]

Rudy Vey

Originally posted by PenWorks
<br />Great looking pen Scott, or billboard [:D] This is the secound sheoak I have seen that is a real nice red/orange color, wwwhhhyyyyy doesn't my sheoak look like that, it is more brown,

Tony,
all the Lacey Sheoak pens I have made have turned from the nice orangy-red color to brown color. I guess thats the way Sheoak reacts to light.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom