1st FP - JR Statesman

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from ones

Status
Not open for further replies.

ones

Here is my first FP, special garage mix for the blank.

20071224202717_9137.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

ones

doddman70, I poured 1/2 blue and 1/2 white. Mixed at the same time in seperate containers. The ribbons were in the mold already. In went the white and poured the blue on top and started dipping the stirring stick in the mixture.

ones

Yes the ribbons are pr. Got them in the craft section at wal-mart. Offray Ribbons. I just layed them in the mold and poured the mix in and around them. I'm on gal number 2 and still have a long way to go. The results vary. My garage is pretty cool right now. Sometimes I bring the mix in the house after a couple of hours. Most of the smell is gone by then. Just ask my wife, she tells me if they stink or not![:0]

R2

Nice match of kit and blank, and agenerayy good looking pen.[:)][:)]Might i suggest that your blanks need to have some of the fat trimmed from them? Just a pesonal point of view.

ones

Hey Dale, i'm in Stanford, not too far from you! I built a pressure/vacuum set up. I tried it a few times but just use a jewerly cleaner for shaking out the bubbles. It seems to work well. Check out this topic: http://www.penturners.org/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=31108
This blank also turned out well, as compared to my many failures. Red and yellow seems hard to mix. Alot of the mixes with black and pearl white get too well mixed together. Grey is a pretty dull color! I'm not good enough to predict the results. I just finished gallon number 2. Need to restock again! We should get together sometime and talk pens.[:)]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom