1st Fountain Pens

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from JimMc7

JimMc7

1st two fountain pens - Cambridge with Emerald polyresin and sterling silver Baron with Cetacean Seas -- both blanks from exoticblanks and finished with Novus.

Question probably belongs in the fountain pen section, but do you try these 1st before selling or gifting? I thought I read somewhere the eventual owner should really be the only one to use a fountain pen but I want to make sure it works beforehand. Also, do you store these a special way (cartridge or pump installed and tip up or ??). Thanks in advance for any fountain pen insight!

I did try the Cambridge and was a bit surprised I actually like the way it wrote -- especially since I prefer ballpoints over rollerballs.

IMG_6236.jpg
IMG_6240.jpg

IMG_6238.jpg
IMG_6239.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

broitblat

Both pens look great! My only suggestion would be to use something different in the photo to set the nib on -- it kind of gets lost visually.

-Barry

glycerine

I think alot of collectors prefer to have them "uninked". I guess maybe even if they're going to use them, they like to ink them for the first time, they might have a certain color they prefer or something like that. The pens look great by the way. I made my first fountain a few weeks ago and love the way it writes also.

JimMc7

Both pens look great! My only suggestion would be to use something different in the photo to set the nib on -- it kind of gets lost visually.

-Barry

Good suggestion Barry - thanks!

I think alot of collectors prefer to have them "uninked". I guess maybe even if they're going to use them, they like to ink them for the first time, they might have a certain color they prefer or something like that. The pens look great by the way. I made my first fountain a few weeks ago and love the way it writes also.

Thanks for the info! These are likely friends & family items -- no collector issues for me!

Anybody have any "how to store them" insights?

TIA!

ngeb528

Mine ends up in many different positions when I'm not using it and I haven't had a problem.

Everyone suggests that you don't ink them. Let the customer do it. Definitely don't ship it with the cartridge installed. They tend to explode. DAMHIK

Top Bottom