1st Decal attempt

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Dalecamino

Dalecamino

Local Chapter Leader
This is a Black TI Cigar , with an Osage Orange blank from Bob Coyne (bcoyne) . My barber was in the 1st Cavalry in Viet Nam . I promised him a pen for his awards display case . A big thanks to Gerry Wilhite (Chasper) for taking the time to explain to me (by email) the A to Z on how to create a custom decal and put it on a pen , then finish it . Thank you Gerry ! I got it right the first time too ! Guess I got lucky . 3 coats of thin CA , then apply the decal . 3 more coats thin , followed by 8 coats of medium CA , MM 3600 - 12000 Meguires Scratch X , Novus 2 and Renwax . Thanks for looking !

Attachments

• IMG_0316-1.JPG
    IMG_0316-1.JPG
    62.6 KB · Views: 302
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Dalecamino

Local Chapter Leader
Thanks all , for the compliments . I didn't mention that his name , rank and outfit will be engraved on the pen also . This guy is one proud Army Vet . And rightfully so . He really lit up when I told him of my plan . Might get a free flat top ! :biggrin:

wdcav1952

Activities Manager Emeritus
Chuck, that is a good point, sales wise!! I got a barber pole kit from Ken and Mandy, my barber will get it soon. Yes, Mandy is a lady, but trust me, it is a typical small town barber shop.

Dalecamino

Local Chapter Leader
Chuck, that is a good point, sales wise!! I got a barber pole kit from Ken and Mandy, my barber will get it soon. Yes, Mandy is a lady, but trust me, it is a typical small town barber shop.

Cav , thanks for the reminder . I had completely forgotten about the Barber Pole pen blanks . :turtle: Great idea . Thanks !

hunter-27

Passed Away Aug 14, 2013
In Memoriam
This is a Black TI Cigar , with an Osage Orange blank from Bob Coyne (bcoyne) . My barber was in the 1st Cavalry in Viet Nam . I promised him a pen for his awards display case . A big thanks to Gerry Wilhite (Chasper) for taking the time to explain to me (by email) the A to Z on how to create a custom decal and put it on a pen , then finish it . Thank you Gerry ! I got it right the first time too ! Guess I got lucky . 3 coats of thin CA , then apply the decal . 3 more coats thin , followed by 8 coats of medium CA , MM 3600 - 12000 Meguires Scratch X , Novus 2 and Renwax . Thanks for looking !

Great job!!! Now, Gerry. :eek: How about putting that A-Z knowledge in a tutorial to help us all who are yet to figure the technique out?? :biggrin:

Dalecamino

Local Chapter Leader
Great job!!! Now, Gerry. :eek: How about putting that A-Z knowledge in a tutorial to help us all who are yet to figure the technique out?? :biggrin:

Thanks Landon ! I sent you a PM . If anyone wants to learn the A to Z on this , send me a PM with your email Address , and I will forward the instructions to you .

Top Bottom