1st Cartridge/Antler Pen

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from DougMPhoto

DougMPhoto

This is the 1st time for both...antler and cartridge. This is only the third pen I have turned. I wanted to do something different for my brother who is a avid shooter and whose son is now serving in the USMC (as I did). This cartridge is from a kit I bought from Sylvanite.

I am getting ready to make one from scratch for my nephew, maybe one with a USMC emblem decal.

1_cart_antler2.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Sylvanite

Doug,

That looks very nice. I like how you've centered the clip over the dark spot in the antler. Keep up the good work.

If you're interested in a rifle cartridge pen with the USMC emblem, check out the one below.

Regards,
Eric

Attachments

• EGAkit.jpg
    EGAkit.jpg
    28.9 KB · Views: 147

DougMPhoto

Thanks folks,

Have a question. The pen clip is actually a bolt action rifle (the trigger guard looks like a magazine though). Are there any clips that are actually M-14 or M-16 style rifles. I haven't seen any. Just this one and a lever action.

DougMPhoto

Ken,

Thanks for the info. What happened? Finish come off or what? What type would you suggest, just a regular clip. Brother will probably use it only at home, not on the range, but friends at our club might want a range pen, any suggestions greatly appreciated.

kghinsr

pen clip

Doug
the finish did not come off
the top of the clip ( barrel ) is so thin
that going in and out of the pocket would expand ( bend ) it out
after a few times of that it broke.
I replaced it with a regular clip and all was good.
In my opinion if you engrave on either pen part they
are going to look at that and not the clip.
ken

Top Bottom