1st Bull Run on a Sierra BP

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from SDB777

SDB777

Had a few consignment pens to finish this morning, and I happened to have had a few that just needed turning....for me!

How about a First Bull Run 1861? On a Ballpoint Sierra kit? Okay...

DSC01015.jpg

Hard to photo the 'whole scene' at once....maybe a video would be better on these type blanks?

Close-up? Sure!

DSC01016.jpg

DSC01017.jpg

The amount of detail the USPS printing people put into this stamp was just amazing!

Not sure about the 'body type' for turning these type acrylics, but I think it works....any tips would be appreciated for this.

Scott

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

MrWright

Passed Away Oct 12, 2022
In Memoriam
You really made a nice pen from that stamp. I like the way you were able to incorporate the edges of the stamp to take in the whole stamp on your blank. Well done. Frank

jasontg99

Scott,

That is a very nicely executed idea. The nib end looks a tad underturned and it does not look like it is fully pressed together. That is the downfall to great photos (you can see everything). I really love the pen though!

Jason

McBryde

I think you have a good thing going with the stamps there Scott. Those are sharp, and fit perfectly on a sierra style pen. I really like the "Year of the Dragon" ones as well.

E

SDB777

First Battle of Manassas? (I know it says Bull Run...but its a matter of perspective!)

Neat, looks good.

Now that you mention it, I was wondering:rolleyes: Kinda of like saying the Civil War or the War of North Aggression(just depends on which side of the Mason-Dixon Line you were raised on I guess).

But gotta go with what is printed on the actual stamp.

Thanks everyone for the comments.

Scott

TDE

nice

Scott, You've really got the stamp bug. lol They all look really good. Keep up the good work. Ted

toyotaman

Looks really nice. You should show pics of the process or a tutorial would be nice too. I really like the workmanship in that one.

Top Bottom