1st attempt at a "Martin Cigar Pen"

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from maxman400

maxman400

After seeing Martin's Cigar Pens I wanted to try one for my friend, so with martin's OK this is what I ended up with. The wood is spalted cypress, the ash area is epoxy chips cast in Alumilite. The band is printed label paper, every thing is under 9 coats of CA that has been wet sanded to 1000 then buffed with steel wool for a flat look. This was fun to make, already have some changes in mind for the next time. Thanks Martin for the inspiration. :wink:
Any Comments Welcome, Thanks for looking.:biggrin:

Attachments

• Martin Cigar 024.jpg
    Martin Cigar 024.jpg
    44.6 KB · Views: 305
  • Martin Cigar 031.jpg
    Martin Cigar 031.jpg
    44.7 KB · Views: 202
  • Martin Cigar 032.jpg
    Martin Cigar 032.jpg
    45.5 KB · Views: 221
  • Martin Cigar 036.jpg
    Martin Cigar 036.jpg
    55.6 KB · Views: 254
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

phillywood

Max, buddy you surprised me alright. My eyes are burning form the ashes. Nice looking pen.
To Max, & Martin, hear about this idea for the ashes. How about making a 1/16 depth of a tenon at the ash part then sprinkle the real ash from a cigar on it then CA it to harden it. that may be some cool idea?

maxman400

Thanks every one for the great Feed back, This was a fun pen to make because it's all up to you how it turns out, there is no bushings or any thing to guide you. It makes your brain work. Jeff I am thinking about taking some glass working classes just so I cam learn to make some of these stands. LOL.

Top Bottom