1st attempt at cartridge pen

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from jkirkb94

Status
Not open for further replies.

jkirkb94

This is my first attempt at using bullets in a pen. Had a rough start but finally finished it. 45 ACP with stabilized boxelder burl. Satin nickel 7mm European modified.

200752915928_45%20ACP%20Pen.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

lwalden

interesting experiment....but it just doesn't work for me. Just personal preference, but I think the wood clashes with the copper, and the copper, centered the way it is nose to nose, clashes with the rest of the hardware. Definetly a different approach, and I'm sure there's others it will appeal to.[:D]

jkirkb94

Thanks for your comments, Lyle. Actually I was going to use blackwood for the wood but I didn't want to waste my only blank if this didn't turn out. The boxelder was a short leftover. Would also like to have tried another plating on the European but this was the only one I had. Black titanium? Might try another wood in the future now that I have done this one. Kirk[8D]

leatherjunkie

Well, I like the pen.
I like it because no one has done one like that before that I know of.
It's very unique.
I only have one small gripe though.

That pen does not go with that 1911!!![:D]

PenPal

Kirk,
I like your version of a cartridge pen,I have been using the bullet,not a nib,my feeling if you double drill a copper jacket bullet,it would balance your pen,its easy to drill gives a less jarring nib. Thanks for your great pen Peter.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom